Angi Leads (formerly HomeAdvisor Pro) is a contractor-matching website that connects homeowners with home improvement contractors. Homeowners looking for a contractor online can use this website to find help with irrigation services, lawn care, roofing and carpentry, pest control, and even general projects like tree/shrub care and housecleaning.
On Angi Leads, a homeowner can select a pre-screened local contractor, examine average project pricing, and schedule an appointment with the contractor. Previous clients can leave reviews and ratings in the Angi Leads directory to help future clients decide who to hire. If you are a contractor listed on the website, homeowners can read customer evaluations and decide whether or not to hire you.
This website has its pros and cons as a contractor, much like other contractor advertising platforms. Therefore, determining whether it is worthwhile can be complicated. Let’s take a look at these pros and cons so you can identify whether it is for your irrigation business or not.
Angi Leads Pros
Signing up for Angi Leads can have benefits for your business. Read on to find out what these are:
- Efficiency: It can be efficient. Because the Internet has become one of the most popular ways for customers to find contractors, having a presence on a site dedicated to your business can help you thrive.
- A good way to connect: If your irrigation business is new, it is a good approach to reach customers. It can help you get your business off the ground before growing a client base through recommendations. It is also a nice way to connect to potential clients you might not have initial access.
- Ease of use: The website is quite simple to operate. Create an account, and it will help you turn your leads on and off at any time. So, if you start getting more business than you can handle, you can choose to turn off leads and then turn them back on when things settle down.
Angi Leads Cons
Although there are pros, Angi Leads has cons that will make you think twice about signing up.
- Giving up some business rights: Giving up certain business rights is one of the contractors’ primary difficulties with Angi Leads. Its terms of service specify that they can use any information in your profile to link to their website. Some contractors have expressed dissatisfaction with using their names to promote the company. Many even claim that it is unethical.
- Leads can be expensive and may not be worth it: You pay a fee every time you get a new lead. So, even if the lead does not convert, you are still spending on Angi Leads. Therefore, using the website can be pretty costly. You can waste a lot of money if you keep on getting leads that don’t turn into sales. Moreover, more significant leads can cost more than $50! You can’t afford to spend much money on each lead if your business is new.
- Frustration with bad leads: Although sometimes you can get a refund from bad leads, you still have to pay for most of them. If you have a new business, this can be frustrating. Additionally, the website can make it challenging to brand your business and stand out. Eventually, it will all boil down to lowering your price. If you do that, it can hurt your earnings and growth.
Is There a Better Strategy Than Using Angi Leads?
Yes, there are better ways to make your business top of mind online aside from signing up on Angi Leads. AquaTerra Digital can help you improve your online presence to beat the competition. We give you all the tools you need and handle the day-to-day marketing so you can focus on growing your business. With a better web presence, your business can obtain better leads and convert them into loyal customers.
When you partner with us, you will have a team of industry experts who know how to bring in a consistent supply of new leads for your company at a price that allows you to make a lot of money. AquaTerra Digital can help you with everything from a mobile-friendly website to social media posts and sales-generating advertising methods.